Discover support through peer mentors
Jamestown Community College’s peer mentoring program, Peer2Peer, supports and guides you as you adjust to college life. Incoming freshmen are paired with sophomores, and together you’ll navigate your first semester at JCC.
A peer mentor can help you connect with campus services and resources, develop better time management strategies, become familiar with JCC technology, and encourage you to stay on track and achieve your academic goals.
Mentees: Students of all backgrounds are welcome to work with a peer mentor. Complete the application online or stop by the Counseling and Career Center.
Mentors: If you’ve attended JCC for at least two semesters, enjoy helping others, and have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher, consider becoming a peer mentor at JCC. In this paid position, you'll be an orientation leader in the summer and work with your mentees during the academic year.
Here's what some of our participants say:
- "My mentor explained that it is hard the first year. But I have come a long way since then. I have more ambition now than ever and it is showing through in my grades..." -student mentee
- "Just reassurance that others have gone before me, that was the most helpful thing of all..." -adult student mentee
- "Keeping in contact with my mentor has kept me motivated to do well and I like to update her on anything. The feedback from her is amazing and it makes me feel good..." -student mentee
- "I have conquered my initial fears. I am very pleased with your program and want to take this opportunity to thank you for your involvement in helping me get settled in..." -student mentee
- "I think this program is amazing..." -student mentee