Seneca Nation Classes

Take college courses in Irving and Salamanca

Jamestown Community College is now offering credit courses in collaboration with the Seneca Nation in Irving and Salamanca. These courses are open to both Seneca Nation members and community residents.

For additional information, please contact the JCC Admissions Office at 716.338.1001 or

1. Classes offered

Irving courses will meet in the Cattaraugus Early Childhood Learning Center, and Salamanca courses will meet in the Seneca Arts and Learning Center. Classes meet once per week and may be offered with a professor in the classroom or with the professor off-site via Interactive TV.

Fall 2017

Course (Credits) Dates and Time
ENG 1530: English Composition II (3) September 11-October 30
Mondays, 5-7:45 p.m.
EDU 2440: Children's Literature (3) November 6-December 18
Mondays, 5-7:45 p.m.
2. Placement testing

JCC has you take computer-based placement testing before you enroll in college classes. The test helps determine which classes you're best prepared for, and where you're more likely to succeed.

If you are a full-time student, you are required to take the placement test. If you are a part time student, we strongly encourage you to take the placement test before registration. You will have to take the placement test before enrolling in any course with a reading, writing, or math prerequisite.

You may schedule a placement test to be taken at any JCC location. Placement testing is also available to be administered through the SNI Higher Education Program office in Irving or Salamanca.

3. How to register

Getting signed up for classes with JCC only takes a few simple steps. If you want to pursue a certificate or degree from JCC, go through our step-by-step admissions process.

Students wishing to only register for one or two classes may do so without applying to the college.

  1. Submit a student data form and course registration form to the registrar's office. Don't forget to include your e-mail address so we can send you important information about your course!
  2. If you're a New York state resident, submit your certificate of residency to the business office.
  3. If your course has a prerequisite or corequisite, provide an unofficial transcript as proof that the requisite has been satisfied.
4. Paying for classes

Tuition and fees are charged according to the number of credit hours enrolled each semester.

Students enrolled in degree or certificate programs should apply for financial aid by filling out the FAFSA and NYS state grant applications for TAP and APTS.

The New York State Indian Aid program provides annual grant funding for Native American students. Application materials must be submitted before July 15 for the fall semester, December 31 for the spring semester, and May 20 for summer courses.

The Seneca Nation administers a scholarship fund for enrolled members of the Seneca Nation of Indians. Assistance is awarded on an annual academic basis and must be applied for each year financial assistance is needed. Learn more about the SNI Higher Education Scholarship.

Childcare providers taking credit-bearing coursework leading to a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Care Education may apply for tuition assistance vouchers and reimbursements. Learn more about the Educational Incentive Program.

Contact Admissions