Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Gather data for research from various sources, including the library and forms of electronic media such as the Internet in order to produce a research paper with proper documentation.
- Organize and communicate knowledge and ideas in a logical and purposeful way. Students will produce an essay in a 2000 level humanities course that demonstrates a grasp of thesis and the ordered, logical support of a thesis.
- Write a timed, single-draft essay that meets criteria for coherence, organization, development, and mechanical correctness as indicated in the departmental rubric.
- Recognize, explain, and analyze perspectives and values of diverse cultural groups and their historical experiences based on course materials.
- Interpret works of art, literature, philosophy, or other aesthetic experiences by interpreting and analyzing them within their historical or literary context.