Globalize Your Mind: Spain
Join us for this 3-credit hour course (SPA 1600) as we travel to Valladolid, Spain May 21-June 7, 2017. Pre-travel classes begin April 13.
On this trip, you will:
- Explore the social, historical, and cultural richness of Spain while living with a native family and engaging with the local community.
- Study Spanish via one on one or small group instruction with a native Spanish speaking instructor.
- Through language instruction, community engagement, cultural excursions, and independent exploration, analyze the role you may play and the influence you may have in a diverse world.
Cost is $2,785 and includes immersion classes, airfare, homestays with meals, insurance, and overnights in Madrid, Salamanca, and Segovia. A down payment of $700 is due November 30.
Scholarships are available! Contact Laura Anderson with questions.
Spend spring break in Costa Rica
Join us for this 3-credit hour course (BIO 2620) as we spend 10 days in exotic Costa Rica and Panama from March 15-25, 2017.
Here's what you will experience on the trip:
- Explore the flora and fauna of primary and secondary rainforests and snorkel over coral reefs teeming with life.
- Visit La Selva Biological Research Station, a tropical field laboratory operated by a consortium of universities from around the world.
- Travel to the unique cloud forest of Monteverde.
- Be serenaded to sleep by the sounds of tiny pink tink frogs only to be awakened the next morning by a chorus of howler monkeys outside your tent lodge!
- Watch as chestnut-mandibled toucans, huge blue Morpho butterflies and red-lorred parrots fly through the understory.
- Spend 2 days snorkeling in warm tropical Panamanian waters and see brightly-colored stoplight parrotfish, blue tangs, angelfish, fire coral, sea anemones, spotted eagle rays and various species of sponges. The biodiversity will astound you!
Download this informational handout to learn more.